How to find and print an Amazon receipt – Learning how to find and print a receipt on Amazon is pretty straightforward. Amazon purchase receipts or invoices are easily accessible using a number of different methods.
We’ll look at some reasons why you may need to access receipts for your past purchases and show you how you can find and print an Amazon receipt, including gift receipts, whether you’re using the Amazon website or a mobile device.
Why you may need to find a receipt from Amazon
Keeping accurate records of your purchases is crucial to good budget management. And even if you’re only shopping for personal items or gifts on Amazon, you may need to find and print an old Amazon receipt.
Here are some of the reasons you might want to locate the receipt or invoice for something you purchased on Amazon:
- To obtain reimbursement from your employer. If you buy something to work with, you may need to file a claim for reimbursement and provide a receipt for expenses.
- Are you keeping track of your expenses? Applications like YNAB, Mint, and Personal Capital can import payment data. But if you want to split your payments so you can keep track of where you spend your money, you’ll need to find your Amazon receipts.
- Are you passing the expense on to your customer? If you have purchased something on Amazon on behalf of a customer, you will need to show proof of this purchase if you want your customer to reimburse you.
- Warranty or replacement claims. If you have signed up for a warranty on your product or need a replacement from the manufacturer, you will need to send a copy of the invoice as proof of purchase.
- Print an Amazon gift receipt. If you have sent a gift and not directly to the recipient, you may need to find and print a new gift receipt if there was no shipment (or you missed it).
- You want to confirm the payment method. The invoice will show the last four digits of the credit or debit card (or another payment method) used to make the purchase.
- Calculation of estimated sales tax. If you itemize deductions on your US federal income tax return, you may qualify for a credit based on the sales amount you paid during this tax year.
You probably think of more reasons why you need to find and print an Amazon receipt.
Do you no longer have a copy of the invoice or receipt?
You may think that the documentation that comes in the box or in the package with the products you have ordered from Amazon includes the invoice, but you will be wrong. This is just a shipping label, not the actual invoice. In addition, it does not contain all the information that an invoice or receipt usually has, such as a list of what you have ordered, the date of the order, the price, the taxes, the shipping address, and the method of payment.
Amazon does not send you a copy of the invoice with your shipment. To do this, you will have to download and print it yourself.
How to find and print a receipt on the Amazon website
The easiest way to locate and print a receipt on the Amazon website is on a laptop or desktop computer. To find a receipt on Amazon, you will need to log into the account you were logged into when you made the purchase.
- Go to Amazon.
- Select Returns and Orders.
- Find the order that includes the product for which you want to find the receipt.
- Select Show invoice under the order number for this purchase.
- Select the file Print this page to get your records link. The print dialog will appear where you can choose which printer you want to print to (or print to PDF).
- You can also select Dossier > Print (or CTRL + p ) to launch the print dialog.
- Select the Print file and go to collect the Amazon receipt from the printer.
Repeat the steps above to find and print multiple receipts/invoices.
How to access Amazon invoices from a list of all transactions
Another way to quickly access your invoice or receipt for an Amazon order is by listing all of your Amazon transactions. You will need to know the order number or the date of your transaction, as the products you have purchased are not listed.
- Access the Amazon.com website.
- Select the File Account and Lists button.
- Select Your payments.
- Select the File Transactions tab.
- Select the order number that interests you.
- Select View or print invoice.
From there you can print the invoice as you normally would.
How to find and print an Amazon invoice from the shipping confirmation email
There is another easy way to quickly access and print a receipt or invoice for an Amazon purchase. At the bottom of each Amazon shipping confirmation email, you will find a fine print with a direct link to the invoice for this order.
- Access your email account.
- Look for the shipping confirmation email from Amazon. These emails often contain the word “sent,” so this is a good search term.
- To access the invoice link, open the order shipping confirmation email.
- Scroll to the bottom of the email and select You can access your invoice here link.
- A new browser page will open where the invoice will be displayed. Select the link to print the page or go to Dossier > Print to launch the print dialog.
- Select the file Print button.
You can repeat these steps to find and print the invoice for any Amazon shipment.
How to find and print an Amazon receipt from your device
Currently, it is not possible to download an Amazon receipt or invoice using the iPhone, iPad or Android application. Why? Who knows? This feature used to be available but has inexplicably disappeared. But don’t lose hope.
If you don’t have access to a computer, though, you can find an Amazon receipt by visiting the Amazon website using a smartphone or tablet browser. See any of the above methods for instructions.
How to find and print a gift receipt after purchase
Gift receipts are different from regular receipts or invoices. You can choose to send a gift receipt during checkout by selecting This command contains a gift check box. You can also find and print a gift receipt after shopping.
- go to Your orders.
- Find the item in the list and select the Share the gift receipt button.
- Then select the Share Gift Receipt file to access a link on the gift receipt that you can share, or select the Download PDF button to download a PDF of the gift receipt.
Note: You cannot create a gift receipt outside of the product return window. If you don’t see an option to share a gift receipt, neither you nor the recipient of the gift cannot return the item.